Leading logging operations choose the Oregon .404" Pitch Cutting System for its rugged endurance and unmatched ability to keep up with the extreme torque and RPM’s generated on modern equipment.
19HX Chain + SpeedMax XL Guide Bar + Drive Sprocket
.080" Gauge | Chamfer Chisel Cutter | High Productivity | Corrosion-Resistant Blued Cutters | High Horsepower 20/65 (min/max)
.080" Gauge | Micro Chisel Cutter | Small-radius Working Corners| Wider Coined Drive Links| Low Horsepower 5/65 (min/max)
We’ve committed to delivering faster, stronger, and longer-lasting cutting systems for the most demanding harvesters in the world. We’ve specifically engineered the Speedmax XL for those who live to get the job done right — every cut, every day.See products
- 19HX chain designed with a taller, more aggressive chamfer chisel cutter to deliver faster cutting speed and improved chip clearance.
- Replaceable Sprocket Nose (RSN) guide bar minimizes time between cuts and is easily replaceable in the field.
- A re-engineered tail contour decreases friction and is less likely to throw chain improving uptime.
- Oregon’s largest and thickest components designed to improve strength.
- Patented saw chain steel for increased resilience, especially in cold cutting conditions.
- Newly engineered blued cutters provide superior corrosion resistance.
- The SpeedMax XL .404" bar body was developed with a chrome-moly plating for reduced deflection and a wider body for increased chain retention and longevity.
- The re-engineered RSN features a larger, 14-tooth sprocket with high-alloy industrial bearings that reduce the amount of rotations leading to decreased heat build-up extending the life of the bar nose.
LubriTec™ Lubrication System
- Chain tie-strap design keeps oil where it’s needed – on the saw chain.
- Guide bar lubrication channel increases contact between chain drive links and oil, significantly reducing oil waste.
- Accurate part matching improves performance while reducing wear.
- Meticulously engineered components work together to deliver unparalleled efficiency, performance, and durability.
- Bar Lengths: 17-44" (42-113cm)
- Recommended: Use .404" rim-type sprockets that were specifically designed as a precise match to Oregon .404" chains.
Machined from durable solid-billet steel and featuring a raised tooth design, the .404" rim sprocket was engineered as an exact fit for Oregon .404" chains, and thoughtfully designed to reduce chain stretch and debris ejection with tapered side-ports.See products
Featuring best-in-class cutters and optimized for highly challenging jobs, the harvester family of 18/19HX saw chain delivers maximum cutting efficiency while minimizing your downtime.
Solid. Dependable. Long-Lasting.
- 18HX features Micro Chisel Cutters with small-radius working corners for precision performance and easy maintenance.
- 19HX features a new, taller and more aggressive Chamfer Chisel designed to deliver faster cutting speed and improved chip clearance.
- 18/19HX features blued cutters for superior corrosion resistance.
- 18HX introduces thicker coined drive links for increased strength, larger rivets for lowered saw chain stretch, and a wider kerf for reduced guide bar bending.
- 19HX introduces Oregon’s thickest and largest components featured on a saw chain, delivering unparalleled cutting speed over the 18HX.
- 18/19HX designed to outlast cold cutting conditions with patented saw chain steel.
- 18HX delivers plenty of power and reliable cutting performance with less horsepower output.
- 19HX delivers faster, more consistent cuts in all types of wood due to its high-flow, high-power heads and saw motors. Best used with high horsepower output machines.
LubriTec™ Lubrication System
- 18/19HX feature chain tie-straps designed to keep oil where it’s needed – on the saw chain.
- 18HX operates best with 5/65 HP (min/max) power output.
- 19HX operates best with 20/65 HP (min/max) power output.
Chain Speed Parameters
- 18/19HX operates best at 3000/8000 (ft/min) power output. Recommended: 8000 ft/min.
Discover unparalleled strength and speed with the newly-imagined guide bar designed to out-perform in the harshest conditions.See products
Unrivalled. Distinctive. Rugged.
- With a 28% increase in length, the new RSN absorbs most rail wear.
- Guide bar RSN requires fewer rotations ultimately extending the life of your bar.
- Designed with a wider bar body and chrome-moly plating for reduced deflection.
- Enhanced bar body firmness to increase cutting speed and strength.
- Guide bar RSN can be replaced in the field several times, decreasing downtime between cuts.
- Re-engineered tail contour decreases friction lowering the likelihood of throw chain and improving your valuable time in the cab.
- The RSN is equipped with a larger, 14-tooth sprocket featuring high-alloy industrial bearings leading to reduced heat build-up and longer-lasting parts.
LubriTec™ Lubrication System
- Guide bar lubrication dam increases contact between chain drive links and oil, significantly reducing oil waste.
- 21-39" (54-100cm)
We manufacture solid-nose, one-piece sprocket noses, and replaceable sprocket nose features, all designed to tackle diverse cutting applications.See products
.404" Pitch Harvester Guide Bars
- .404" guide bars are equipped with unique features that facilitate superior performance in demanding, high-speed conditions.
- The Solid Nose bars feature a motor-mount configuration designed for efficiency leading to more cutting time.
- Our straight and square-milled grooves are designed for consistency, stability, and decreased wear.
- The induction hardening process increases the longevity of your guide bar with precision heat-treated rails and added resistance to wear and chipping.
- LubriTec increases the life of your guide bar and saw chain with advanced precision to allow the chain drive links and oil to have closer contact, significantly reducing oil waste.
- 17-44" (42-113cm)
Recommended harvester bar tail and drive sprocket pairings
|.404 Drive Sprocket Tooth Count|
|Guide Bar||Tail Type||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18|
|.404 SpeedMax XL
HL, HR, HS (Solid), RH (RSN)
.404" Pitch Harvester Guide Bars Common Features
All Oregon harvester bars are designed and built with the following features.
LubriTec increases the life of your harvester guide bar and saw chain. The dam allows the chain drive links and oil to have closer
Increase the longevity of your guide bar with precision heat-treated rails. Our induction hardening process offers superior resistance to wear and chipping.
Maintain chain cutting stability and minimize wear. Our straight and square-milled grooves are designed for consistency.
.404" Pitch Harvester Guide Bars Additional Optional Features
Look for these extra enhancements for your harvester guide bar.
Harvester Replaceable Sprocket Nose bars extend the life of the bar body. The RSN’s strong and rigid design helps accelerate the return on your investment by increasing workload efficiency with quick and easy nose replacement in the field.
The patented Jet-Fit bar-mount system maximizes productivity. The slotted motor-mount design fits harvester equipment outfitted with automatic chain tensioners and easily slides in and out of the bar clamp. The Jet-Fit is available in .080" gauge.
Our patented Stump Spray guide bars help prevent the spread of butt and root-rotting fungi (Heterobasidium Annosum) by delivering a precise cut and control agent application. With our custom channel along the bar’s leading edge, simply open the dimpled exit holes with the special punch-out to fit your need. Select models incorporate the Jet-Fit mounting tail slots.
Minimize rail wear, chipping, and spreading with our specialized 3/8" thick high-grade alloy steel. Featured on the 3/4" Pitch Solid Harvester RSN guide bar and double-ended guide bars.
If you're gearing up for high-volume saw chain sharpening, maximize your profitability with one of our high-quality automatic saw chain grinders or for occasional use try our Saw Chain Bench Grinders.
Save money and easily manage inventory by making saw chain loops or repairs on demand with Oregon saw chain breakers and rivet spinners.
Essential in reducing friction and premature wear in saw chain applications.
These handy, multi-purpose tools are your personal beneficial assistant for many harvester maintenance tasks.